We at ChapChap are committed to protecting our customer’s personal information and /or sensitive personal data and strive to maintain the privacy of your personal information we collect from you from your visits to the CHAPCHAP website, Web Application and Mobile Application.
Personal information is any information that can be used by itself to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a person, or can be used with information available from other sources to uniquely identify an individual.
Information Collection and Use
The app does use third-party services that may collect information used to identify you.
If you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
CHAPCHAP way of using information
We receive and store information for a variety of regulatory and business purposes.
How is Your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Processing your application and verifying your identity.
- Processing, fulfilling and notifying you of your product order status.
- Developing Team organization/ friend Reports or other related business reports.
- Providing Agents with services such as planning and facilitating agent meetings and training.
- Administering users’ benefits.
- Developing and implementing policies, marketing plans, and strategies.
- Publishing personal information in the company’s’ newsletters, promotional materials and company and intra-group communications.
- To respond to your request for service or assistance and communication purposes on updates.
- To improve our Services, to analyze trends, to administer the Services, to track users’ movements around the Service and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Besides, user preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.) may be collected to enhance the Service
- To complete transactions effectively.
- To conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena ( court order), search warrant or other legal process received by CHAPCHAP, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- To enforce the Agency Agreement or to protect our rights; or
- To protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
- To transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of the sale of CHAPCHAP or substantially all of its assets to that successor in interest.
- User’s full names may be revealed by the Company to other Users if the profile option to disclose this information was selected. You Can Request Access to Your Personal Information
Right to access personal information and updating
You have the right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate to be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact Chap Chap to assist you
While the CHAPCHAP website, Web Application and Mobile Application are in use, we may keep track of user’s device’s geographic location so that we can connect users to other CHAPCHAP services based on their particular geographic location
Links to other sites
Profiles, Message Boards and Public Forums
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to your Profiles, message boards or any other public forum, that information can be accessed by the public. CHAPCHAP is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit on CHAPCHAP public forum therefore, use your utmost discretion before you post any personal information online.
We have implemented the necessary security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information you provide. When you give us personal information, such as name, address, or social security number, you are automatically on our secure server. Our secure server software encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us to protect your data against unauthorized access. CHAPCHAP cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. Users are urged to also take precautions to protect their personal data by changing passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers and using a secure web browser. You should always log out of the Web site or application before leaving it to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer or device.
Privacy of Children
None of the CHAPCHAP sites or properties are directed to users under the age of 18. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18 years. If we discover that a child under the age of 18 has provided personally identifiable information to us, we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information and account from our files to the extent technologically possible.
Trans-border Data Transfers
Any transfer of information outside Uganda will be administrated by CHAPCHAP. By visiting the website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to these transfers.
Governing Law and Disputes